Help with translation from Arva photo

  • nilo3rak
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 17, 2011
      Can anyone translate the writing in the back of the featured picture on our site of three people?

      I don't know who wrote this. At the time they spoke in a dialect that was heavily influenced by Polish.
    • Armata, Joseph R
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 18, 2011
        You can send it to me if you like.

        Joe A.

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 18, 2011
          Joe,
          There is a photo of the caption on p. 1 of photo albums, "Arva County."

          If you can make any sense of it, I will be so grateful.
          Carolyn

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Armata, Joseph R" <armata+@...> wrote:

          > You can send it to me if you like.
          >
          > Joe A.

        • Samuel Ontko
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 18, 2011
            Carolyn

            Ok now you have our curiosity. I would like to see the actual photo too

            Sam

            --- In mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com, "Armata, Joseph R" <armata+@...> wrote:

            > You can send it to me if you like.
            >
            > Joe A.

          • deeellessbee
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 18, 2011
              Aren't we talking about the photo on the home page?

              Debbie

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 18, 2011
                Yes-that's the photo,on the Slovak-Roots homepage. There is Jan, his wife Rosalia, and their daughter Karolin - before she was sent to America to marry. She is about 17 and one of only two surviving children, who were the youngest of about 12 children. Rose and Jan are old, and moreover their hard life shows in their faces.
                BUT, caption or writing on the back is in an album.
                Carolyn

                --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "deeellessbee" <deeellessbee@...> wrote:

                > Aren't we talking about the photo on the home page?
                >
                > Debbie
                >
                > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Samuel Ontko" <smontko@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Carolyn
                > >
                > > Ok now you have our curiosity. I would like to see the actual photo too
                > >
                > > Sam

              • Joe Armata
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 20, 2011
                  Sorry, I'm stumped on this one.

                  Joe

                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 21, 2011
                    Joe,

                    Me too, maybe this "chicken scratch" comes from aliens, the outer space kind.
                    lol

                    I will probably never know what it says.
                    Thanks for looking,
                    Carolyn