Re: [S-R] Could Zuber be a Slovak name?

  • CurtB
    Message 1 of 23 , Mar 11, 2011
      Not so strange at all. Some clergy were strong Hungarianizers and wrote everything in Hungarian purposely. Other clergy were Slovak and wrote using Slovak names. Some were writing in Latin only and so used Latin names instead. None of these usages really tells us what people in the village actually called the individual, but it was probably the Slovak in use at the time.

      Curt B.