Re: [S-R] membership (GC records in Slovakia)

  • Peg's Gmail
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 8, 2011
      So, I'm a bit hesitant to jump into these conversations as I am also new to the group. Never quite sure what has been covered and what hasn't, or whether my thoughts are of any help. But here goes:

      The Family History Library has a wonderful collection of church records on microfilm from Slovakia. Some have been digitized for browsing online and some have not. A quick search in the Family History Library Catalog online indicates that for the area of Trebisov they have Roman Catholic records for 1704-1895, Greek Catholic records for 1775-1924, and Reformed Church records for 1878-1899.

      The GC records are on four different microfilms. You can see the details at http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=titlefilmnotes&columns=*%2C0%2C0&titleno=755030&disp=Cirkevn%C3%A1+matrika++

      If you search that catalog for the village name as part of Slovakia, you may find other areas that are related. I would advise using the old familysearch.org catalog, not the new one for this effort.

      Peg