Re: [S-R] Re: Kielbasa Recipe - Meandering topics

  • Elaine Summerhill
    Message 1 of 48 , Mar 3, 2011
      Back in the late 1980's, I went back to school to learn how to read & write
      Russian for a possible move there. The move didn't happen. However, there were
      a couple of times in class where I'd start out speaking in Russian and switch to
      some other language, which also included French, while talking. One day, the
      instructor asked me in Russian, "Are we speaking Russian or French today?" I
      had not realized that I switched languages mid-sentence. Oops!

      Elaine

      ________________________________

      Speaking of language...

      Secondly, Elaine, I was just at lunch with a former coworker today, whose mother
      is Slovak/Rusyn and father is Lemko/Polish, and the family speaks not only those
      languages but Ukranian to boot! She was just talking today about the sometimes
      mixed language in her home. She now has a son whose father is Albanian, and the
      child is learning to speak ALL those languages. I think that's truly amazing
      and wonderful!

      Debbie
      who sadly only speaks English (and a smattering of high-school French!)

    • June McKee
      Message 48 of 48 , Mar 4, 2011
        all right already! lets get back to what this site is for!