Re: [S-R] Re: Kielbasa Recipe - Meandering topics

  • Elaine Summerhill
    Message 1 of 48 , Mar 3, 2011
      LOL... see what I mean re: use of words and my confusion?

      Mom would make the pork cracklings and sometimes served them with the kluski. I
      don't recall her ever adding any cheese though. Pop asked her to make borscht
      once. She never did. When I knew they were coming over to our home, I'd put on
      a pot for him. My paternal grandmother, Martha Mesko, made wonderful borscht &
      stuffed cabbages, which we called pigeons, to die for. Don't ask about
      "pigeons"... no idea how that started. It was later corrupted to "piggies".

      Elaine

      Hi Elaine, "kluski" is actually
      "halusky" http://www.slovakcooking.com/2009/recipes/pasta/halusky/

      When you top them with bryndza (feta like sheep cheese) and pork cracklings you
      get Slovaka's national dish.
      -- Lubos Brieda --

      Slovak recipes: www.slovakcooking.com

    • June McKee
      Message 48 of 48 , Mar 4, 2011
        all right already! lets get back to what this site is for!