Skip to search.

Re: [S-R] Re: Kielbasa Recipe - Meandering topics

  • Elaine Summerhill
    Message 1 of 54 , Mar 3, 2011
      LOL... see what I mean re: use of words and my confusion?

      Mom would make the pork cracklings and sometimes served them with the kluski. I
      don't recall her ever adding any cheese though. Pop asked her to make borscht
      once. She never did. When I knew they were coming over to our home, I'd put on
      a pot for him. My paternal grandmother, Martha Mesko, made wonderful borscht &
      stuffed cabbages, which we called pigeons, to die for. Don't ask about
      "pigeons"... no idea how that started. It was later corrupted to "piggies".

      Elaine

      ________________________________

      Hi Elaine, "kluski" is actually
      "halusky" http://www.slovakcooking.com/2009/recipes/pasta/halusky/

      When you top them with bryndza (feta like sheep cheese) and pork cracklings you
      get Slovaka's national dish.
      -- Lubos Brieda --

      Slovak recipes: www.slovakcooking.com

    • hogelj
      Message 54 of 54 , Jul 22
        I too would assume they are children of the head of household. In viewing my family's census pages, I've found that the children of the couple are listed in birth order after the parents.  If anyone other than a child is living in the household, I've found them entered after the children and the relationship to the head of the household listed above the name.

        Don't forget to look at the right side of image 202 which shows the Sabol's buildings (household 85) and at the left side of image 204 which shows the Sabol family's animals.

        Judy