Re: [S-R] Re: Kielbasa Recipe

  • William
    Message 1 of 48 , Mar 3, 2011
      On 3/3/2011 3:59 PM, Elaine Summerhill wrote:

      > In our family, which includes all the relatives, food was central to
      > socializing. If someone visited, you offered them food & drink. If
      > someone
      > died, food & drink were available to all at the wake. Same with
      > marriages,
      > baptisms, confirmations, engagements.... you name the occasion and it
      > ALWAYS
      > involved food & drink. Some foods where were always present at the
      > occasions:
      > sausage, cheese, ham, noodles, bread, poppyseed rolls, nut rolls, and
      > strudel.
      > Drinks usually consisted of coffee, tea, vodka and beer.
      >
      > Elaine Summerhill
      > Searching for: Struhar, Mifkovic, Vlcek, Ozvald, and many others

      In Slovakia, the first thing that is offered to any visitor is a drink.
      If, one prefers not to drink as I do, then one must partake of the
      food, even if they do not have anything prepared. There is always
      something that they can prepare.

      Bill Brna

    • June McKee
      Message 48 of 48 , Mar 4, 2011
        all right already! lets get back to what this site is for!