Re: [S-R] Re: Kielbasa Recipe

  • Elaine Summerhill
    Message 1 of 48 , Mar 3, 2011
      In our family, which includes all the relatives, food was central to
      socializing. If someone visited, you offered them food & drink. If someone
      died, food & drink were available to all at the wake. Same with marriages,
      baptisms, confirmations, engagements.... you name the occasion and it ALWAYS
      involved food & drink. Some foods where were always present at the occasions:
      sausage, cheese, ham, noodles, bread, poppyseed rolls, nut rolls, and strudel.
      Drinks usually consisted of coffee, tea, vodka and beer.

      Elaine Summerhill
      Searching for: Struhar, Mifkovic, Vlcek, Ozvald, and many others

      Was this ever discussed on Slovak-World? That group discussed food a lot.
      Where is Skeeter when we need him?

    • June McKee
      Message 48 of 48 , Mar 4, 2011
        all right already! lets get back to what this site is for!