Re: [S-R] Re: Kielbasa Recipe

  • Lubos Brieda
    Message 1 of 54 , Mar 3, 2011
      Oh ok, the Slovak name for sausage is klobása (kloh-baah-sa). I thought you were
      asking about the polish variety known as kielbasa. What you describe sound very
      much like the sausages prepared in Slovakia. I don't know where you live, we'll
      have some sausage making party here in D.C. in the near future. And yup, I think
      knockwurst is the same as spekacky. I got some knockwurt from a german store
      over here, and it tasted the same.
      -- Lubos Brieda --

      Slovak recipes: www.slovakcooking.com

      Message 54 of 54 , Jul 22
        I too would assume they are children of the head of household. In viewing my family's census pages, I've found that the children of the couple are listed in birth order after the parents.  If anyone other than a child is living in the household, I've found them entered after the children and the relationship to the head of the household listed above the name.

        Don't forget to look at the right side of image 202 which shows the Sabol's buildings (household 85) and at the left side of image 204 which shows the Sabol family's animals.

        Judy