Trebisov church record guidance requested

  • pstagen
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2011
      I am hoping someone can give me some guidance. I am searching for data for my great-grandmother from Trebisov and have hit a sizable roadblock. The first wife of my GGF died in 1860 (a Roman Catholic) leaving him with four young children. He was Greek Catholic. He married my GGM (also Roman Catholic) in 1861. When my GGF died in 1877 my GGM was left with five young children. (There was a 19 year difference in their ages.) My questions to the group are:

      (1) Is it more likely that she remarries in the RC or GC church?
      (2) Would the expected marriage record reflect her maiden surname or her first husband's?
      (3) When searching for her death record, should I expect to seek it in the RC or GC records and would it most likely reflect her maiden surname, her first husband's or her second husband's?

      She is the first person I found in my A-H family tree who was not Greek Catholic. I am flipping between LDS films seeking clues and hope your advice can ease my path. Thank you for your suggestions.
    • John
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2011
        >>> (1) Is it more likely that she remarries in the RC or GC church? <<<
        RC

        >>>(2) Would the expected marriage record reflect her maiden surname or her first husband's?<<<
        Maiden

        >>> (3) When searching for her death record, should I expect to seek it in the RC or GC records and would it most likely reflect her maiden surname, her first husband's or her second husband's?<<<
        RC. Maiden + husband(s) noted

        Pity that these RC church records are not available online.
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 2, 2011
          Pity that these RC church records are not available online.

          It was only a few short years ago that all of us were tromping to our local
          FHC for days, weeks, months and years for our microfilm fix. I personally
          viewed films for nearly five years. Count your blessings!