Re: [S-R] Petrustsak

  • Michael Mojher
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 28, 2011
      Bob,
      Farkusfalu might be Farkasfalu, what Vlkova was called from 1863-1892.
      2673 Vlková KK/PV spiš. po 1892 pričl. o. Levkovce.
      1773 Farkasfalva, Farinkstorff, Farkowcze, 1786 Farkaschfalwa, Farksdorf, Farkassowce, 1808 Farkasfalva, Farksdorf, Farkassowce, 1863–1892 Farkasfalu, 1895–1898 Farkasfalulökfalu, 1900–1902 Farkasfalulök, 1907–1913 Farkasfalva, 1920 Farkašovce-Levkovce, 1927–1948 Farkašovce, 1948– Vlková

      Kiskunchfalu was what Vlkovce was called from 1892-1902.
      2674 Vlkovce KK/PV spiš.
      1773 Vilkocz, Kuntzensdorf, Wilkowcze, 1786 Wi[l]kocz, Kunzendorf, 1808 Vilkócz, Kuntzensdorf, Wilkowce, 1863 Vilkoc, 1873–1888 Vilkóc, 1892–1902 Kiskunchfalu, 1907–1913 Kiskuncfalva, 1920 Viľkovce, 1927– Vlkovce

      It appears that most of the villages you have found in the records are on modern Highway 536 between Kezmarok in the north and Janovce in the south. Considering that you are looking in the early 1800’s I would think that your Petrustsak relatives would have been from some place along this modern highway. For the time Spisska Nova Ves was some distance away, so how Anna and Samuel got together could be an interesting story.