Wolfe family in Krompachy, Slovakia

  • bswolfe@msmisp.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2001
      Hello I am new to this list. I have just recently found out that my
      relatives were from Krompachy, Slovakia. Found it on the
      Naturalization Papers. William Wolfe b. 1884 and a brother Daniel b.
      1880 immigrated to US in 1902. On Daniels death certificate , his
      wife wrote as parents Joseph Wolfe and Susan Grothe. On William Wolfe
      SSI he wrote Parents name as John Wolfe and Susan Hazer. Our family
      know very little on Williams family, if you have any connection or
      can help me find any information on this family would love to hear
      from you.
    • helenezx@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2001
        In a message dated 1/3/2001 3:01:47 PM, bswolfe@... writes:

        << Wolfe and Susan Grothe. On William Wolfe
        SSI he wrote Parents name as John Wolfe and Susan Hazer. >>

        In our Slovak Pride data base have a listing for Wolff/Volf from Krompachy
        SPIS Slovakia, another listing if for Hass - could that be connected to your
        Hazer?

        If you would like to contact the listers - e mail me directly. We now have
        over 16,039 listings for surname and village and welcome all to submit their
        information.

        helene
        helenezx@...
      • bswolfe@msmisp.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2001
          Hello Helene,
          Thank you for your reply to my message. Yes I would be extremely grateful
          if you would be able to help me. William Wolfe was a very private person he
          never talked about his homeland or his family. He did tell one son a small
          amout of information., that I have just recently found out. I have sent
          for Daniel Wolfe SSI to see what names he used for his parents. Possibly
          Name could be John Joseph Wolfe, or Joseph John Wolfe, At least the mothers
          first name was Susan. It is said that William had a step mother, possibly
          one of the Susan names could have been a step mother.
          Thank you, Brenda
          > << Wolfe and Susan Grothe. On William Wolfe
          > SSI he wrote Parents name as John Wolfe and Susan Hazer. >>
          >
          > In our Slovak Pride data base have a listing for Wolff/Volf from
          Krompachy
          > SPIS Slovakia, another listing if for Hass - could that be connected to
          your
          > Hazer?
          >
          > If you would like to contact the listers - e mail me directly. We now
          have
          > over 16,039 listings for surname and village and welcome all to submit
          their
          > information.
          >
          > helene
          > helenezx@...

        • Frank Kurchina
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 3, 2001
            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@egroups.com, bswolfe@m... wrote:
            > Hello Helene,
            > Thank you for your reply to my message. Yes I would be extremely
            grateful
            > if you would be able to help me. William Wolfe was a very private
            person he
            > never talked about his homeland or his family. He did tell one son
            a small
            > amout of information., that I have just recently found out. I
            have
            sent
            > for Daniel Wolfe SSI to see what names he used for his parents.
            Possibly
            > Name could be John Joseph Wolfe, or Joseph John Wolfe, At least
            the
            mothers
            > first name was Susan. It is said that William had a step mother,
            possibly
            > one of the Susan names could have been a step mother.
            > Thank you, Brenda

            The LDS-Mormons have filmed the R.C. parish church records
            (1642-1938) for Krompachy, Slovensko, Czechoslovakia, formerly
            known as Krompach (or Korompa), Szepes Megye (county), Hungary.
            Until 1672 the parish was Evangelical.
            Text in German and Latin.

            film #
            1739456
            1739457
            1739438

            The LDS-Mormons have filmed the Lutheran parish church records
            (1784-1897) for Krompachy, Slovensko, Czechoslovakia, formerly
            known as Krompach (or Korompa)
            Text in German, Latin, and Hungarian.

            film #
            1739438