Re: Passport page

  • Frank Kurchina
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2001
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@egroups.com, "Ginger " <gkopka1@a...> wrote:
      > I have just posted a page from a passport to the Slovak Roots page
      > under "files". Click files and then choose "Passport page". Can
      > anyone interpret this page? I am looking for the ports of exit and
      > entry, but this may not be in the passport page I have downloaded
      > here. I would still like this page interpreted. Thanks to anyone
      > who can help.
      > Ginger

      Where is the rest of the passport ?

      This was just the last page.
      Czechoslovkia Passport was bilingual.

      The words are mostly in French.
      "Country for which this passport is valid : United
      States of North America, Germany, France, Holland, Belgium,
      U.S. of Amerique,: return by way of France, Germany, Belgium"

      Slovak - French
      "Validity of this passport expires on 6 September 1931"
      "unless it is renewed"

      Stamped
      at District Office in Stropov, 6 September * 1929
      (which is located 219 miles ENE of Bratislava and south of Svidník)

      Was Issued in the Slovakia portion of the Republic of Czechoslovakia
      (1918-1938)

      page 5 has space for any renewals

      * September is september in Slovak and zár^í in Czech.