Passport page

  • Ginger
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2000
      I have just posted a page from a passport to the Slovak Roots page
      under "files". Click files and then choose "Passport page". Can
      anyone interpret this page? I am looking for the ports of exit and
      entry, but this may not be in the passport page I have downloaded
      here. I would still like this page interpreted. Thanks to anyone
      who can help.
      Ginger
    • Frank Kurchina
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2001
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@egroups.com, "Ginger " <gkopka1@a...> wrote:
        > I have just posted a page from a passport to the Slovak Roots page
        > under "files". Click files and then choose "Passport page". Can
        > anyone interpret this page? I am looking for the ports of exit and
        > entry, but this may not be in the passport page I have downloaded
        > here. I would still like this page interpreted. Thanks to anyone
        > who can help.
        > Ginger

        Where is the rest of the passport ?

        This was just the last page.
        Czechoslovkia Passport was bilingual.

        The words are mostly in French.
        "Country for which this passport is valid : United
        States of North America, Germany, France, Holland, Belgium,
        U.S. of Amerique,: return by way of France, Germany, Belgium"

        Slovak - French
        "Validity of this passport expires on 6 September 1931"
        "unless it is renewed"

        Stamped
        at District Office in Stropov, 6 September * 1929
        (which is located 219 miles ENE of Bratislava and south of Svidník)

        Was Issued in the Slovakia portion of the Republic of Czechoslovakia
        (1918-1938)

        page 5 has space for any renewals

        * September is september in Slovak and zár^í in Czech.