1930 Census for Eastern Slovakia

  • John
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 22, 2011
      The 1930 Census of Czechoslovakia is apparently available for research. There are references to it on Prague Archive web site. I am specifically interested in Dubravka and Senne, south of Michalovce, Slovakia.

      Is anyone aware whether it is available for research elsewhere? Do the Slovaks have a copy of their files? Perhaps the (more) recent census documents could be the subject of presentation for the upcoming CGSI conference.
    • Peter Nagy
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 22, 2011
        John,

        The 1930 census is kept by Slovak National Archives in Bratislava. The data
        are subject of privacy protection law.

        http://www.civil.gov.sk/SNARCHIV/uk_written_requests.htm

        Peter

        --
        Cilistovska 20A
        931 01 Samorin

      • Peter Nagy
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 22, 2011
          I have forgotten to refer to Bill Tarkulich's
          http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/CensusMain.htm#1930

          In the National Archives there is also the 1940 Slovak census.

          Peter

          --
          Cilistovska 20A
          931 01 Samorin

        • John
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 22, 2011
            Peter, is the 1930 census available to persons such as yourself or only for research by the government archivists?

            For example, could you do research on my behalf?