Re: [S-R] Kaiser Wilhelm

  • Tom Potsko
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 4 7:47 PM
      What is the Slovakian village name replacing Povfalva, Hungary? Tom

      Sorry to interrupt this thread. Near Komlos-Kerezstes(Chmelov)

      On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 10:38 AM, Frank R Plichta <
      frank.r.plichta@...> wrote:

      > Tom,
      >
      > The best place to find the answer to your question is at the Mariners
      > Museum
      > in Newport News, Virginia. Here is their web site link:
      > http://www.marinersmuseum.org <http://www.marinersmuseum.org/>
      >

      > I don't know if they will answer your question by email or online but I do
      > know that their library is extensive. When I found that there were 5 ships
      > called the Baltic which my father came over on in 1920, they had photos of
      > each of the 5 ships. We needed to the know the proper time frame to
      > determine which ship's photo was the one I was looking for.
      >

      > Good Luck.
      >
      > Frank
      >

      > _____

    • Julie Michutka
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 4 8:10 PM
        Could it be Pus~ovce, about 3.5 km NW of Chmelov? Its name in 1808 and
        again 1907-1913 was Posfalva.

        Julie Michutka
        jmm@...

        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 4 8:11 PM
          Thanks Julie, Tom

          On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 11:10 PM, Julie Michutka <jmm@...> wrote:

          > Could it be Pus~ovce, about 3.5 km NW of Chmelov? Its name in 1808 and
          > again 1907-1913 was Posfalva.
          >
          > Julie Michutka
          > jmm@...
          >
          > On Feb 4, 2011, at 10:47 PM, Tom Potsko wrote:
          >
          > > What is the Slovakian village name replacing Povfalva, Hungary? Tom
          > >
          > > Sorry to interrupt this thread. Near Komlos-Kerezstes(Chmelov)

        • helene cincebeaux
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 5 2:31 AM
            Thanks so much John for finding this elusive place!!!

            helene