Re: [S-R] Place named Arok????

  • John
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 4, 2011
      >>> Hi - need some detective work
      place is Arok????
      surnames are Sirko, Pochatko (Pochatka), Faitak (Faytak)<<<

      Arok, Ung Megye, now known as Jarok, 11 km east of Uzhorod, Ukraine.
    • Tom Potsko
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 4, 2011
        What is the Slovakian village name replacing Povfalva, Hungary? Tom

        Sorry to interrupt this thread. Near Komlos-Kerezstes(Chmelov)

        On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 10:38 AM, Frank R Plichta <
        frank.r.plichta@...> wrote:

        > Tom,
        >
        > The best place to find the answer to your question is at the Mariners
        > Museum
        > in Newport News, Virginia. Here is their web site link:
        > http://www.marinersmuseum.org <http://www.marinersmuseum.org/>
        >

        > I don't know if they will answer your question by email or online but I do
        > know that their library is extensive. When I found that there were 5 ships
        > called the Baltic which my father came over on in 1920, they had photos of
        > each of the 5 ships. We needed to the know the proper time frame to
        > determine which ship's photo was the one I was looking for.
        >

        > Good Luck.
        >
        > Frank
        >

        > _____

      • Julie Michutka
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 4, 2011
          Could it be Pus~ovce, about 3.5 km NW of Chmelov? Its name in 1808 and
          again 1907-1913 was Posfalva.

          Julie Michutka
          jmm@...

          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 4, 2011
            Thanks Julie, Tom

            On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 11:10 PM, Julie Michutka <jmm@...> wrote:

            > Could it be Pus~ovce, about 3.5 km NW of Chmelov? Its name in 1808 and
            > again 1907-1913 was Posfalva.
            >
            > Julie Michutka
            > jmm@...
            >
            > On Feb 4, 2011, at 10:47 PM, Tom Potsko wrote:
            >
            > > What is the Slovakian village name replacing Povfalva, Hungary? Tom
            > >
            > > Sorry to interrupt this thread. Near Komlos-Kerezstes(Chmelov)

          • helene cincebeaux
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 5, 2011
              Thanks so much John for finding this elusive place!!!

              helene