Re: [S-R] Place named Arok????

  • helene cincebeaux
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 4, 2011
      Hi - need some detective work

      place is Arok????

      surnames are
      Sirko, Pochatko (Pochatka), Faitak (Faytak)

      any suggestions?

      helene

    • John
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 4, 2011
        >>> Hi - need some detective work
        place is Arok????
        surnames are Sirko, Pochatko (Pochatka), Faitak (Faytak)<<<

        Arok, Ung Megye, now known as Jarok, 11 km east of Uzhorod, Ukraine.
      • Tom Potsko
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 4, 2011
          What is the Slovakian village name replacing Povfalva, Hungary? Tom

          Sorry to interrupt this thread. Near Komlos-Kerezstes(Chmelov)

          On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 10:38 AM, Frank R Plichta <
          frank.r.plichta@...> wrote:

          > Tom,
          >
          > The best place to find the answer to your question is at the Mariners
          > Museum
          > in Newport News, Virginia. Here is their web site link:
          > http://www.marinersmuseum.org <http://www.marinersmuseum.org/>
          >

          > I don't know if they will answer your question by email or online but I do
          > know that their library is extensive. When I found that there were 5 ships
          > called the Baltic which my father came over on in 1920, they had photos of
          > each of the 5 ships. We needed to the know the proper time frame to
          > determine which ship's photo was the one I was looking for.
          >

          > Good Luck.
          >
          > Frank
          >

          > _____

        • Julie Michutka
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 4, 2011
            Could it be Pus~ovce, about 3.5 km NW of Chmelov? Its name in 1808 and
            again 1907-1913 was Posfalva.

            Julie Michutka
            jmm@...

            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 4, 2011
              Thanks Julie, Tom

              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 5, 2011
                Thanks so much John for finding this elusive place!!!

                helene