Re: [S-R] Kaiser Wilhelm

  • John H. Beach
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 3, 2011
      Sorry for the extra URLs. I pasted it in tab format. This is in text
      format.

      > CastleGardens reports the following voyages of the Kaiser Wilhelm II
      >
      > Series Roll Nbr Year Month Day Frame Ship
      > Port
      > FHL roll
      >
      > _*1 M237 538 1240 1889 September 7 164 kaiser wilhelm ii Bremen,
      > Germany and Southampton, England 1027774*_

      > 2 M237 552 1096 1890 July 29 245 kaiser wilhelm ii Bremen, Germany and
      > Southampton, England 1027598

      > 3 M237 554 1323 1890 September 6 639 kaiser wilhelm ii Bremen, Germany
      > and Southampton, England 1027600

      > 4 M237 569 757 1891 June 1 85 kaiser wilhelm ii Bremen, Germany and
      > Southampton, England 1027615

      > 5 M237 571 939 1891 June 27 64 kaiser wilhelm ii Bremen, Germany and
      > Southampton, England 1027617

      > 6 M237 575 1361 1891 September 5 208 kaiser wilhelm ii Bremen, Germany
      > and Southampton, England 1027621

      > 7 M237 577 1541 1891 October 5 193 kaiser wilhelm ii Bremen, Germany
      > and Southampton, England 1027623

      Actually there many ships named Kaiser Wilhelm or something with the is
      name in the full name. Some were not ocean going, some were military.
      Google kaiser wilhelm in their Images format.

      --
      Kind Regards,

      John H. Beach
      Yonkers, NY.

      john_h_beach@... Note: the "_" before and after the initial "h" is an underscore character, not a dash or space.

    • Frank R Plichta
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 4, 2011
        Tom,

        The best place to find the answer to your question is at the Mariners Museum
        in Newport News, Virginia. Here is their web site link:
        http://www.marinersmuseum.org <http://www.marinersmuseum.org/>

        I don't know if they will answer your question by email or online but I do
        know that their library is extensive. When I found that there were 5 ships
        called the Baltic which my father came over on in 1920, they had photos of
        each of the 5 ships. We needed to the know the proper time frame to
        determine which ship's photo was the one I was looking for.

        Good Luck.

        Frank

        _____

        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 4, 2011
          Hi Tom:

          Try this website.

          http://www.theshipslist.com/ships/descriptions/ShipsK.html

          There are two Kaiser Wilhelm ships listed that might be of interest to you. Scroll down to the 5th and 6th ship on the list to read the descriptions. Hope this helps.

          Peggy

          Feb 3, 2011 10:50:14 PM, SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com wrote:

          OK so ships names get reused? Sounds like reincarnation to me.
          I'm not too good at ship manifests. Does anyone have any idea if there was indeed a Kaiser Wilhelm sailing in 1889 when my grandma came over.?
          Tom

        • helene cincebeaux
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 4, 2011
            Hi - need some detective work

            place is Arok????

            surnames are
            Sirko, Pochatko (Pochatka), Faitak (Faytak)

            any suggestions?

            helene

          • John
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 4, 2011
              >>> Hi - need some detective work
              place is Arok????
              surnames are Sirko, Pochatko (Pochatka), Faitak (Faytak)<<<

              Arok, Ung Megye, now known as Jarok, 11 km east of Uzhorod, Ukraine.
            • Tom Potsko
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 4, 2011
                What is the Slovakian village name replacing Povfalva, Hungary? Tom

                Sorry to interrupt this thread. Near Komlos-Kerezstes(Chmelov)

                On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 10:38 AM, Frank R Plichta <
                frank.r.plichta@...> wrote:

                > Tom,
                >
                > The best place to find the answer to your question is at the Mariners
                > Museum
                > in Newport News, Virginia. Here is their web site link:
                > http://www.marinersmuseum.org <http://www.marinersmuseum.org/>
                >

                > I don't know if they will answer your question by email or online but I do
                > know that their library is extensive. When I found that there were 5 ships
                > called the Baltic which my father came over on in 1920, they had photos of
                > each of the 5 ships. We needed to the know the proper time frame to
                > determine which ship's photo was the one I was looking for.
                >

                > Good Luck.
                >
                > Frank
                >

                > _____

              • Julie Michutka
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 4, 2011
                  Could it be Pus~ovce, about 3.5 km NW of Chmelov? Its name in 1808 and
                  again 1907-1913 was Posfalva.

                  Julie Michutka
                  jmm@...

                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 4, 2011
                    Thanks Julie, Tom

                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 5, 2011
                      Thanks so much John for finding this elusive place!!!

                      helene