Success story

  • Georgie
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2011
      Hi everyone, I haven't posted much to the list but truly appreciate all the advice that is here.
      Just thought I would share a story today. After a few years of emails to anyone with the Jurco name on skype, miscellaneous websites etc., I was starting to give up hope. Last week a cousin found our family here in Canada through Facebook. We have already talked and shared some information and pictures. It turns out that our Grandfather's were brothers. There are a few older family members around and we will be corresponding soon I am sure.
      I'm so excited to finally learn about my Slovak roots!!

      Georgette :)
    • gklodzen@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2011
        Wonderful story, Georgette, and very similar to what I discovered of my
        grandfather Josef and Istvan (Stephen) Kladzan, brothers from Vinne (then
        Hungary, now Slovakia). Since this discovery six years ago I've had the
        privilege of meeting many of my 'new' cousins in person. We present-day
        descendents of the brothers, who had no knowledge of our relationship and our shared
        family history, now communicate via telephone, letter, email, on Facebook
        and our Myfamily.com web site.

        Best of all, for future research these church records that helped
        establish the family connection, previously available only on microfilm from Salt
        Lake, can now be viewed on the Internet at Familysearch.org.

        Thanks again for your story,
        Eugene Klodzen
        Virginia