KOPERVAS(Z), MAKUCH, CALFA, SZABOCIK, from Cierne Pole, Pavlovce nad Uhom

  • JOHN
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 28, 2011
      Bernardine:
      Have you researched the available church records at the LDS Family History Center? If so, what are your stumbling blocks?
    • Bernardine Weigand
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 31, 2011
        Thank you Michael and John for the helpful tips. I may have to start
        fresh with my research as the entire contents of our home was stored/
        packed away in boxes (including my Slovak research works and books)
        as the house was renovated. Then I lost a lot of info when I got my
        new computer and different provider, etc.

        I did go to the website you suggested and saw the family names in the
        PAVLOVCE NAD UHOM registers. I am wading thru that info. Also will
        go to Bill T.'s tutorials on proceeding, with step 1 being the
        translation of the headings in the register; WILL also go back to the
        LDS FHC.

        Was there a church in CIERNE POLE at that time? Or did all baptisms,
        marriages, etc. take place in PAVLOVCE N. U.? I know a new RC church
        was built sometime in the 1950's, because my g.mother sent a donation
        toward the construction.

        I do have all my photo albums at hand and will check the pics (of
        tombstones) I took when we visited the cemetery in CIERNE POLE. Some
        of the dates were quite worn so I have to make sure it is the right
        Anna Chalfa (g.g.gm) and John KOPERVAS (g.g. gf).

        Bernardine
        On Jan 28, 2011, at 12:35 PM, JOHN wrote:

        > Bernardine:
        > Have you researched the available church records at the LDS Family
        > History Center? If so, what are your stumbling blocks?

      • Michael Mojher
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 31, 2011
          For the Roman Catholics the parish is in Pavlovce nad Uhom at the present
          time. Cierne Pole is an affiliated village. They may have a church in the
          village, but the records would be kept in Pavlovce nad Uhom. As you can see
          there is a church listed in Cierne Pole. You might try an e-mail and see if
          you have any luck.

          Dekanát Michalovce
          Pavlovce nad Uhom
          RKFÚ č. 385
          07214

          Telefón: 056/6494214

          E-mail: pavlovce(at)rimkat.sk
          WWW: http://www.pavlovce.host.sk
          Titul kostola, kaplnky
          Pavlovce nad Uhom Sv. Jána Krstiteľa
          Tahyňa
          Čierne Pole Nepoškvrneného Srdca Panny Márie
          Vysoká nad Uhom Sedembolestnej Panny Márie
          farár Slavomír Bakoň
          kaplán Mgr. Štefan Kačmár

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 31, 2011
            .Thank you, Michael for th valuable info. I shall e-mail them.
            Bernardine