Re: Krakow - Slovakia travel or reverse

  • Ron
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 26, 2011
      Vienna - Bratislava - I was a strong user of trains as well until last summer. Then I found out the bus stop with regularly scheduled busses to Bratislava are girth at the airport. That means no time lost in finding and going to the train station and buying a ticket. Last summer the fare one way was 7 Euro per passenger + 1 Euro per bag. Ask about and look about. The Austrian buss stalls are distinct from the Slovak bus line stalls.

      Ron

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "L. LEPORIS" <leporis1@...> wrote:

      > Hey guys, wouldn't Vienna be better or cheaper to fly to and then take the train into Bratislava?
      > Would love to learn that route to see the museums there while I'm visiting my cousin. He tells me it's about a 45 min ride.
      >
      > LLeporis

    • John
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 26, 2011
        >>> Ask about and look about. The Austrian buss stalls are distinct from the Slovak bus line stalls. <<<

        That's true (and a long story). Slovak Lines goes to Autobuova Stanica while Blagus Austrian Lines goes to the new bridge terminal (only). Slovak Lines is just outside the ARRIVALS area. Blagus Austrian is upstairs at DEPARTURES, less frequent and not as good a location for Arcus Hotel, our fav.