LDS Pilot

  • Tom Potsko
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 18, 2011
      Are there pre-1810 records in the LDS Pilot program? If so, where would I
      find the pre-1810 records for Hanusfalu(Hanusovce nad Toplou)? Tom

    • Michael Mojher
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 19, 2011
        Tom,
        I looked at the Family History Catalog. Those films are from 1853 to 1926 for Roman Catholic records and 1810 to 1896 for Jewish records.
        Since the Roman Catholic records begin in 1853 I would presume that it may be that the Hanusovce nad Topl’ou was an affiliated parish before then. Which requires searching for the parish it was affiliated with. The Family History Catalog shows the town of Giraltovce (Evangelical 1828 on) as being affiliated to Hanusovce nad Topl’ou. It does not show an affilitation, but Vranov nad Topl’ou is also a part of these records. A distance of 22 km / 13 miles separate the two nad Topl’ous. Vranov nad Topl’ou is the much bigger town, so I suspect it would have been where the head parish was. When you do a search for there it gives you the same information for Hanusovce nad Topl’ou.
        Your option is the Archive that covers these towns. I would presume that to be the State Regional Archives in Kosice -
        Statny archiv v Kosiciach (Kosice)
        Bacikova ulice c. 1 post. priecinok C-26,
        041 56 Kosice
        telefon: 055/622 24 15 fax: 055/729 32 45
        e-mail: archiv@...
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 19, 2011
          Michael,

          Thanks so much for the information. I am looking for Evangelical records,
          but I suppose it is possible that some of the families I am searching could
          have been Catholic prior to 1810, both the Paczko(Orsocz, Olsavce, Margonya,
          Marhan) and Hanzo(Hanusfalu, Hanosovce nad Toplou) families seem to be
          elsewhere between 1790 and 1805. Thanks Again, Tom

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 19, 2011
            Hello Tom,

            I have a cross-reference from the Slovakia State Archives noting
            availability and range of dates. The FHL should have filmed them all.

            Hanosovce
            EV, 1810-1896

            Regarding Hanosovce and your original question: there are no more. The
            FHL filmed everything the Archive says it has. Before that time, the only
            extand records are Ubarial census (not a population census).
            Defines the goods and services that a serf was obligated to give the
            feudal lord. Includes names of landowners and serfs.
            Consequentially, not every person is enumerated.

            Online Urbarial are at Arcanum: http://tinyurl.com/4hxhvqy
            Background on this data: http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/CensusMain.htm
            1623, 1631, 1691 Urbarial Census, 1715 Urbarial Census, 1775 Urbarial
            Census, 1787 Urbarial Census.

            Olsavce
            EV - Bardejov 1704-1844, 1860-1895

            Before this time, only the Castadral (landowner) Records are available.
            I presume all the other towns you name are variations of these two.

            Does this help?

            Regards,
            Bill

            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 19, 2011
              Bill,

              Thanks for the information and the other avenue. Tom

            • MagTon Media
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 20, 2011
                My experience with Evangelical ( Lutheran ) or Reformed Records ( Calvinists ) prior to 1810 is that non-Catholics will be recorded in Catholic records . Sometimes duplicate records are in both denominations due to the So-Called Tolerance Edict in 1771 , whereas non-Catholics were given privilege to having their records kept in Catholic parishes . I have found many Lutheran and Calvinist births, marriages and death in earlier years in Catholic parishes .

                magda mag_ton@...

                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 20, 2011
                  Interesting, but not surprising. Under feudalism, the landowner often
                  call the shots on which was the "offical" religion

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 20, 2011
                    Worth investigation. Thanks, Tom