RE: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] use of LDS

  • Gregory J. Kopchak
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 16, 2000
      You need to watch this Cyrillic period as the names will not look familiar
      and you can miss much information by skimming the page, not seeing your
      name, and moving on.

      It's a good idea to write the name out in Cyrillic script so you can know
      what it looks like when you hit this period. It will not look anything like
      the name as you know it.

      You can then compare your written name in Cyrillic to the records as you
      scan the pages.

      We invite everyone to join us for a Slovak Christmas at
      http://www.iarelative.com/xmas/

      Greg Kopchak
      It's All Relative
      http://www.iarelative.com

      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 16, 2000
        Ahoj.....

        and if you're researching a Greek
        Catholic village, the entries will be in Cyrillic....

        my 2 drobny....

        Vesele Vianoce

        marko

      • Judy/Dick James
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 18, 2000
          At the LDS center in my town, you must stay there to use their viewers. This
          makes viewing more complicated as there are more people wanting to use
          viewers than there are viewers. I don't know if all centers operate the same
          way.

          Judy

          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 18, 2000
            Yes, it is that way at every LDS family center of which I have heard. LDS
            policy, I believe. Can you imagine the proliferation of bootleg copies, and
            (just possibly) forged inserts?

            Ron

          • prokopz@aol.com
            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 20, 2000
              We would like to inform you, that Slovak Week newspaper has a SPECIAL
              ADVERTISEMENT PROMOTION RATES, 25% discount with an order before12/31/2000,
              7% dicsount for more than 3 times repeat and 1/4 page discount $100.00 for
              b&w print.

              This newspaper is well established in Slovak and business communities in USA
              and Canada. Weekly color a b&w newspaper has 24 pages in tabloid format, 17
              pages of which are printed in ENGLISH and 7 pages in SLOVAK LANGUAGE.
              Find more information about the newspaper and advertisement rates at the
              www.slovakweek.com.

              TAKE THE CHANCE TO PROMOTE YOUR COMPANY AT THE FORUM

              The Slovak Week newspaper is going to contribute to the "Month of Slovak
              Culture in New York" in February with ESPECIALLY PREPARED DOUBLE ISSUE. This
              issue will be presented at many cultural events during the month and at the
              conference "INVEST Forum Slovakia" and will introduce to the American
              business and investment communities the economic environment and
              opportunities for investment in Slovakia. The conference will also prepare
              the ground for negotiations between American businessmen and their
              potential partners from the Visegrad countries. More information about the
              event at the www.slovakculture.com.

              Sincerely,

              Pavla Kurcik
              Advertisement Director in USA