Help with name of Austia-Hungary town

  • discombobd
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2011
      My great-grandfather listed his town of birth on his WWI draft card from June 1917, but I'm having trouble transcribing it. It said he was a citizen of Autria-Hungary. The country of birth was Hungary. The town looks something like:

      Olsakarus
      Alsakarus
      Olsakanis
      Alsakanis

      First letter is either an A or O. The "lsa" string of letters is definite. The "k" could be an "h." After that, the "a" is definite. The last 3 letters are difficult to read.

      Any help is appreciated very much!