more on passports

  • sabinov@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2000
      I've had a few questions about my earlier posting regarding passport
      applications, specifically questioning my statement on them not being
      required.

      Read http://www.nara.gov/genealogy/passport.html for the NARA statement.
      It will tell you that passports started in I believe 1846, but were not
      -required- until after WW2... but were required for travel to Europe
      during both WWs.

      And one document could cover an entire family, as it did with my uncle
      and gr/grandmother's application.

      I'm going to get a section on this up on my Hints page, it's on my "to
      do" list, but until school ends on Wednesday I'm not even tacking that
      list at all.

      Helpful Hints for Successful Searching