Re: [S-R] Re: Slovakoland SLIGHTLY OT

  • Caye Caswick
    Message 1 of 41 , Jan 4, 2011
      (sorry for going off-topic, but this struck me funny) ....
      When my sister was a kid she turned a vase over at my gram's house -- on the bottom it said Czechoslovakia -- which she pronounced at the time as CHECK-LOW-SLOW-VLOCK-LEE-AH -- cracked me up.
      We still call it that to this day.
      She also used to call Pierogi PLOW-BLOU-SKI -- and we call it that also.
      Yeah, she went through some speech therapy when we lived in Cleveland -- and of course, I teased her unmercifully -- still do.

      Caye

      Message 41 of 41 , Jan 6, 2011
        When I was looking at Google Earth, I observed an enclave at the southeast edge of town -- but somewhat separate. Google Earth does not provide a good image. I wonder if this might be the Kishegy area. It's just a thought.