Re: [S-R] Re: Slovakoland

    Message 1 of 41 , Jan 4, 2011
      Hi Helene,

      The first republic of Czechoslovakia was initially formed on Nov 4, 1918,
      with the war having concluded in October. It's constitution was ratified
      (making it an official nation) on February 29, 1920.

      "Slovak-land" a term I have heard many times appeared to be a colloquial
      term, and was never official in any form. I think people needed to refer
      to it as something and the phrase stuck.

      Bill

      Bill
    • John
      Message 41 of 41 , Jan 6, 2011
        When I was looking at Google Earth, I observed an enclave at the southeast edge of town -- but somewhat separate. Google Earth does not provide a good image. I wonder if this might be the Kishegy area. It's just a thought.