Re: [S-R] SISAK OR SYSAK

  • Paul Sabol
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2011
      There was a fairly significant number of Petruskas in Sosujfalu, now Ruska Nova Ves all throughout the 1800s and at least up until 1895.  Not sure how common of a name that is though.  Some were godparents to my ancestors.  I think a few settled in Mahanoy City, PA where my Sabol family ended up in the early 20th century.

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 4, 2011
        i also remember the name petruska , also sisak's and also sabol who all
        lived in mahanoy city, pa. maybe you remember magac's that is who i am.

        hmsbob

      • helene cincebeaux
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 5, 2011
          I hope this isn't a duplicate - all my messages seem to landing in my spam
          folder and i really wanted to thank people - so if you got this before - please
          let me know

          here is the message i am not sure went through

           The knowledge and talents of people in this group are amazing -

          Special thanks to Frank Plichta, Sue "Zuza" Groh and Carolyn Mudry who so kindly
          responded to my request for the Christmas Drink - this is the reply I received
          from the person who requested it for her 93 year old father and I want to share
          it

          "Thank you for this recipe.  I want to thank you especially for taking the time
          and effort to help me in my search.  I am overwhelmed by yours and everyone
          else's kindness.  God bless each and eveyone of you."

          I thought this was sooo nice!

          Happy New Year!

          helene