Re: [S-R] Re: Entering Surnames on FTM

  • lkocik@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 41 , Jan 3, 2011
      Michael

       During the centuries that Slovakia was ruled by the Hungarian Kingdom
      did  the people consider themselves Slovak? Did the world recognize Slovakia as a country, but under the rule of Hungary?

       I ask because it seems almost disrespectful to refer to my ancestors as Hungarian when the ones I remember despied their Hungarian oppressors and had an intense pride in having a Slovak lineage.  I do realize the answer can't be based on emotion or what people considered themselves .

       What I need to ask also  is; is there any validity in entering Slovakia when transscribing the older records?  From: "Michael Mojher" <mgmojher@...>
      Message 41 of 41 , Jan 6, 2011
        When I was looking at Google Earth, I observed an enclave at the southeast edge of town -- but somewhat separate. Google Earth does not provide a good image. I wonder if this might be the Kishegy area. It's just a thought.