Re: letters w/ diacritics

  • CurtB
    Message 1 of 41 , Jan 1, 2011
      The sure way to get any figure or diacritic not on your keyboard is to go to the windows character map. Set it to unicode to see every possible character in use internationally, and then Copy and paste it from there. When working in other languages I always keep the character map open in a background window, always needed for Slovak caps with diacritics.

      Curt B.

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Julie Michutka <jmm@...> wrote:

      > On Dec 31, 2010, at 11:30 PM, haluska wrote:
      > >> (how do I get the capital A with the accent mark on
      > >> the Slovak visual keyboard?)
      >
      > When I can't seem to find a letter with a diacritic on my Slovak
      > keyboard, I just use google. Often it's a town name, so I google the
      > town, it shows up with the diacritic, and I do a copy & paste.
      >
      > An alternative is to google those odd ones that aren't on the
      > keyboard--seems to be mostly capital letters that need diacritics--and
      > then copy and paste them to a Word document and save it. Then you
      > have it handy when you're typing something up.
      >
      > I think there are other methods of creating those letters, but I stick
      > with what's easiest!
      >
      > Julie Michutka
      > jmm@...

    • John
      Message 41 of 41 , Jan 6, 2011
        When I was looking at Google Earth, I observed an enclave at the southeast edge of town -- but somewhat separate. Google Earth does not provide a good image. I wonder if this might be the Kishegy area. It's just a thought.