Re: [S-R] Re: Entering Surnames on FTM

  • Michael Mojher
    Message 1 of 41 , Dec 31, 2010
      Julie,
      The present day lands of Slovakia were under Hungarian control for nearly 900 years. It was only from 1862 that the Austro-Hungarian / Austria-Hungarian / Austrian-Hungarian Empire was created. It lasted until the end of WWI in 1918. So pre-1862 Hungarian should only be used.

      Message 41 of 41 , Jan 6, 2011
        When I was looking at Google Earth, I observed an enclave at the southeast edge of town -- but somewhat separate. Google Earth does not provide a good image. I wonder if this might be the Kishegy area. It's just a thought.