Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] naturalization & passport questions

  • Andrea Vangor
    Message 1 of 171 , Dec 14, 2000
      That's an interesting question -- I had a great-aunt who went back to
      Slovakia around 1905 for a visit and did not make it home in time, so that
      one of the children was known in the family as the "wetback" because he was
      born overseas...

      Please let us know what you find out about the visas etc.

      Message 171 of 171 , May 30, 2013
        I uploaded a screen shot of the 1828 land census from Hungary. It is for Maly Lipnik, Slovakia which was then Lipnyik, Hungary. Just wanted to share my find as multiple ancestors are listed.
        The full document is at
        https://familysearch.org/search/catalog/450353
        volume 24.