OLLE, KOSSA, RIMAY, NAGY - where are the records?

  • Peter Nagy
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2010
      Dear Milan.

      You wrote:

      Should I look at old records of the Dunajska Streda area or should I book a
      flight and tour the cemeteries of the area? Are my answers in Slovakia or in
      Hungary? Who keeps the records for that area?

      I live in Samorin, what is about 20 km from Dunajska Streda.

      The following institutions keep the records for the area:
      1. Municipality of Dunajska Streda: civil vital records 1906 - 2010

      2. Branch of State Archives Bratislava located in
      �a�a<http://www.civil.gov.sk/archiv/p18/p18-05-04.shtm>
      :

      - Civil vital records 1895-1905;
      - Various other archival funds

      3. State Archives in Bratislava <http://www.civil.gov.sk/arch/saba/>:

      - Church vital records of Dunajsk� Streda 1674-1897
      - Nobility files (nobility censuses, etc.)

      4. National Archives in Bratislava <http://www.civil.gov.sk/snarchiv/uk.htm>
      :
      Nobility files

      Unfortunately, the online resources are not sufficient to find in more
      detail what is kept by which archive.

      In the cemeteries you will find practically only tombstones form 20th
      century, the older tombstones are very rare.

      Good luck

      Peter

      --
      Cilistovska 20A