Re: Mutnansky Search

  • Joe Armata
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 14, 2000
      Hi Judy! Here's my take on them:

      A:
      Joannes (John, Jan) Milny, the son of Paul and Eva Podoljak

      Maria Bisztricky, the daughter of Joseph and Maria Bertka, the widow of
      the deceased Joseph Mrazik

      B:
      Joannes Bossianyi, pharmacist (I read that letter that looks like a
      written f as an old-fashioned leading s)

      Stephan Bertka, artisan

      C:
      Antonin Bra~zda, the son of Joseph and Barbara Ra~dek (not sure of that
      final letter k)

      Josephina Milny, the daughter of Joannes and Anna Vodic~ka

      Joe Armata
      joe@...

      > I have scanned the portions of two wedding registrations:
      > Mutnansky-A and Mutnansky-B files are from one wedding and Mutnansky-
      > C is from another wedding. Can anyone help me with the spellings of
      > these names?
      > There appears to have been a write-over on one of them.
      > Thank you for your offers of help in translating.
      >
      > Judy
    • rd1995
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 24, 2008
        Hi,
        It's 2008 and I'm also looking for any Catholic church records for Nemsova. It isn't named
        in the LDS catalog in a keyword search. I tried the town with the nearest old "post office"
        but that didn't work.

        I'm looking for Vavrus, Petrusek and Pechasek in Klucove (Klucsos under the Hungarians)
        but I know that the church was in the larger nearby town (called Nemsova).

        Did the film crews miss the town?

        thank you,
        Ruth

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, jajames@... wrote:

        > I have been trying to use the LDS records search to find the film
        > number for church records from Nemsova, Slovakia. I have not had any
        > success. Can anyone help me? I am looking for Catholic Church records
        > for the families of Mutnansky and Suchma.
        > thank you,
        > Judy

      • johnqadam
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 25, 2008
          >>> I'm also looking for any Catholic church records for Nemsova. It
          isn't named in the LDS catalog in a keyword search. I tried the town
          with the nearest old "post office" but that didn't work. <<<

          Here's where you will find the DEFINITIVE ANSWER.

          LDS FICHES (set of 6) LDS #6000786
          Slovak archives. Index of villages is on fiche #6 and page references
          refer to different religions. Most of these church records are
          available on film via your LDS Family History Center.

          No, you can't look up the information that is on the fiches by going on
          line. Some members may have the actual book that the fiches are based
          on.

          Good luck.
        • Janet Kozlay
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 25, 2008
            I think you will have to continue to be patient. There are lots of villages
            in Western Slovakia whose church records have not yet been released by LDS,
            even though they were filmed long ago. Bill (www.iabsi.com
            <http://www.iabsi.com/> ) tells us that they are releasing these backlogged
            films as quickly as possible, but for those of us who are still waiting,
            quickly never seems quite quick enough.

            You are quite right that the Klucove/Klucs├│ records will be found with
            Nemsova.

            Janet

            _____

            It's 2008 and I'm also looking for any Catholic church records for Nemsova.
            It isn't named
            in the LDS catalog in a keyword search. I tried the town with the nearest
            old "post office"
            but that didn't work.

            I'm looking for Vavrus, Petrusek and Pechasek in Klucove (Klucsos under the
            Hungarians)
            but I know that the church was in the larger nearby town (called Nemsova).

            Did the film crews miss the town?

            thank you,
            Ruth

            yahoogroups.com, jajames@... wrote:

            > I have been trying to use the LDS records search to find the film
            > number for church records from Nemsova, Slovakia. I have not had any
            > success. Can anyone help me? I am looking for Catholic Church records
            > for the families of Mutnansky and Suchma.
            > thank you,
            > Judy

          • rd1995
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 4, 2009
              I looked at that fiche back in 2005 (which is how I knew about the post office) but the films were finally listed (preliminary cataloging, but that's okay) in the catalog in early 2009. Due to personal obligations, I wasn't able to spend time on genealogy then, but I have been able to request the films last month. It's always a month before my films come in; I can hardly wait!