O/T : Jackie Evancho's Holiday TV Appearances

  • Fred G Kovalyak
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 17, 2010
      Just rcvd this from my wifes Cousin in Pgh area.

         Some of you have expressed interest in knowing when Jackie will be appearing
      on TV over the Holidays.

      Attached is her schedule through the end of the year.   She will also be singing
      at the NHL outdoor “Winter Classic” on January 1st.

      This evening’s performance on the Tonight Show will be taped this afternoon.
      All other shows, except for January 1st, were previously recorded – so she
      actually gets a break for Christmas.

              Glora Sikoria

    • maxine
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 17, 2010
        Fred, THANKS for all the info--she is terrific. Question-I know she is Slovak, however, is also Rusyn? Thanks and Merry Christmas. maxine sasala

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 17, 2010
             I don't really know the answer to that question Maxine.
          I have asked my wifes Cousin this same question ... but never get a reply.
          Perhaps they dont know ... as I didnt know until my Uncle Bill Kopchick (3 mos
          older than me) said:   U  aren't SLOVAK  Ure  RUSYN .

             Both set up my GP's came from the Carpathian Mtn region ... Circ and Sarriske
          Jastrabie....which is only 1 mi from the Polish Border.
              FGK

          ________________________________
          Fred, THANKS for all the info--she is terrific. Question-I know she is Slovak,
          however, is also Rusyn? Thanks and Merry Christmas. maxine sasala

          Just rcvd this from my wifes Cousin in Pgh area.

          Some of you have expressed interest in knowing when Jackie will be appearing
          on TV over the Holidays.

          Attached is her schedule through the end of the year. She will also be singing
          at the NHL outdoor “Winter Classic” on January 1st.

          This evening’s performance on the Tonight Show will be taped this afternoon.
          All other shows, except for January 1st, were previously recorded – so she
          actually gets a break for Christmas.

          G Sikoria

        • Elaine Summerhill
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 17, 2010
            I found out I was 1/4 Rusyn when I found grandmother Mesko's missal, which was
            written in Rusyn. Also, it said somewhere in the book that it was a Rusyn
            missal. Grandmom came from Velikiye Komyatu, Zarkapatska, Ukraine. Grandfather
            Malyar came from Nagy Csongova, which is down the road a bit from Velikiye
            Komyatu. Grandmother Mifkovicova & Grandfather Struhar were both from Zohor,
            Slovakia.

            Elaine

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 17, 2010
              Fred, I bet my socks YOU are a Rusyn!!!!! especially if you came from that area. I also didn't know until 7 years ago. Grandma said "I was Slavic". I thought that was Slovak.
              Then I found out and now I am so PROUD! So, me boy, welcome to our world!!!! maxine sasala