Re: I Found My Family...

  • Gina
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 16, 2010
      It REALLY must be the month for replies! I have been ecstatic for almost 2 weeks now. I almost gave up on ever finding any Drozdak (Drozdiak)relatives from Bogusza (in present-day Poland) after leaving messages at Ancestry.com and every Rusyn site I could find over the past 4-5 years. However, I left a simple comment a few months ago at YouTube after watching a short Rusyn video. Out of the blue, I received a message about 2 weeks ago from a person who noticed my surname and said that he had a friend with the same name and was sure his family originally came from Bogusza, too. I couldn't believe he was kind enough to contact me. Although my relative is 81 and doesn't speak or write English, this person has been acting as a translator and we've been emailing pictures and information almost every day since.

      Good luck to everyone here who is trying to find out 'who we are' and thank you to those who generously help.

      Gina