Hi Everyone!

  • CherylM
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2010
      Hi Everyone,

      My name is Cheryl Moser and am researching my father's side of the family surname Whiteash, aka Voytas, Woytas, Vojtas Wojtas, Woytasz, Voydik,Vwoytas/Vojtiech. Joseph Whiteash immigrated between 1889 and 1895. His wife Anna and son Joseph came over approx 1892 and 1896 depending on which census you look at. I cannot locate any naturalization papers, and census state they were NOT naturalized. I do know they came from Zborov because their son Joseph's 1917 draft card states he was born I Zboro, Austria, Hungary. Unfortunately he was killed in the coal mines several months later and was never married. He is the only son who was not born in the US. I located Anna's death certifcate from 1936 but there was nothing on there I didn't already know. Joseph died before Anna but I cannot locate obituary, burial records nor death certificate. I have narrowed his death down to between January 1928 and July 1929 due to him being alive when they wrote up the January 1928 tax records and not being alive when his son married in July 1929. They lived in Pottsville, Yorkville and Minersville, PA. There is also record on another Joseph Whiteash with a wife Mary, I don't know at this point if they are any relation. But I look forward to making progress on my research.