Re: [S-R] Puczak

  • Michael Mojher
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 7, 2010
      298 Čelovce PO/PV šariš.
      1773 Cselfalva, Cželowcze, 1786 Cschelfalwa, Cschelowce, 1808 Cselfalva, Cželowce, 1863–1902 Cselfalu, 1907–1913 Cselfalva, 1920 Čeľovce, 1927– Čelovce
      This is now in the modern district of Presov

      299 Čeľovce TV/KI zemplín.
      1773 Cselej, Cželowcze, 1786 Cschelej, Cschelowze, 1808 Cselej, Cželejowce, 1863–1913 Cselej, 1920– Čeľovce
      This in now in the modern district of Trebisov

      300 Čelovce VK/BC hont.
      1773 Csáll, Csall, Čelowce, 1786 Cschall, Cschalowce, 1808 Csall, Csal, Cžalowce, Cželowce, 1863–1873 Csal, 1877–1913 Csall, 1920 Čeľovce, 1927– Čelovce
      This in now in the modern district of Vel’ky Krtis
      There are three villages with the name Celovce in Slovakia. None have had the name Stara Celo. Nor is their any listing for a Stara Celo.
      1140 Kružlov BJ/PV šariš.
      1773 Kruslyó, Kruzsló, Kružlow, 1786 Kruschlyo, 1808 Krusló, Krusslowá, 1863 Krusló, 1873–1902 Kruzslyó, 1907–1913 Kőtelep, 1920 Kružľová, 1927– Kružlov
      This isnow in the modern district of Bardejov

      There is no listing for a Kruzlyo Notos Vagas.

      1036 Korunková SP/PV zemplín.
      1773, 1786 Puczak, 1808 Puczák, Pucákowce, 1863, 1888–1902, 1920 Pucák, 1873–1882 Pucákfalva, 1907–1913 Pusztaháza, 1927–1955 Pucak, 1955– Korunková
      This is now in the modern district of Svidnik. It is also a surname.

      Puczak was once the name of the modern village of Korunkova. Not Celovce.

      Sorry, cannot help with the meaning of notos vega.

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 7, 2010
        Thanks so much. Is there a listing for just Celo? I know that Stara means new.

        > 298 Čelovce PO/PV šariš.
        > 1773 Cselfalva, Cželowcze, 1786 Cschelfalwa, Cschelowce, 1808 Cselfalva, Cželowce, 1863â€"1902 Cselfalu, 1907â€"1913 Cselfalva, 1920 Čeľovce, 1927â€" Čelovce
        > This is now in the modern district of Presov

        > 299 Čeľovce TV/KI zemplín.
        > 1773 Cselej, Cželowcze, 1786 Cschelej, Cschelowze, 1808 Cselej, Cželejowce, 1863â€"1913 Cselej, 1920â€" Čeľovce
        > This in now in the modern district of Trebisov

        > 300 Čelovce VK/BC hont.
        > 1773 Csáll, Csall, Čelowce, 1786 Cschall, Cschalowce, 1808 Csall, Csal, Cžalowce, Cželowce, 1863â€"1873 Csal, 1877â€"1913 Csall, 1920 Čeľovce, 1927â€" Čelovce
        > This in now in the modern district of Vel’ky Krtis
        > There are three villages with the name Celovce in Slovakia. None have had the name Stara Celo. Nor is their any listing for a Stara Celo.
        > 1140 Kružlov BJ/PV šariš.
        > 1773 Kruslyó, Kruzsló, Kružlow, 1786 Kruschlyo, 1808 Krusló, Krusslowá, 1863 Krusló, 1873â€"1902 Kruzslyó, 1907â€"1913 KÅ`telep, 1920 Kružľová, 1927â€" Kružlov
        > This isnow in the modern district of Bardejov
        >
        > There is no listing for a Kruzlyo Notos Vagas.
        >
        > 1036 Korunková SP/PV zemplín.
        > 1773, 1786 Puczak, 1808 Puczák, Pucákowce, 1863, 1888â€"1902, 1920 Pucák, 1873â€"1882 Pucákfalva, 1907â€"1913 Pusztaháza, 1927â€"1955 Pucak, 1955â€" Korunková
        > This is now in the modern district of Svidnik. It is also a surname.
        >
        > Puczak was once the name of the modern village of Korunkova. Not Celovce.
        >
        > Sorry, cannot help with the meaning of notos vega.

      • tom geiss
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 7, 2010
          Stara does not mean new. Just the opposite, stara means old. And Stara matka is "old mother" or "grandmother".
          And I'm just an amateur.

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 7, 2010
            No, there is not.

            Bill

          • cerrunos1@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 7, 2010
              Stara means old, and celo is forehead.
              Ben

              From: "Bill Tarkulich" <bill.tarkulich@...>
              Sender: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 17:46:39
              To: <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com>
              Subject: RE: [S-R] Re: Puczak

              No, there is not.

              Bill

              Thanks so much. Is there a listing for just Celo? I know that Stara means
              new.

            • jtgen96
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 8, 2010
                Many thanks to the input for all of you. It is a comfort to know that there are people out there who are knowledgeable and will keep you on the "straight and narrow."