Re: [S-R] County for Ladomirova

  • CurtB
    Message 1 of 32 , Dec 3, 2010
      Michael,
      Right you are. I don't know what got into me. Stropkov was in old
      Saris County not Zemplin. Go to the page of the podrobny auto atlas that has Svidnik on it. You will see Stropkov and Brusnica just a few miles south, as well as Breznica and Breznic~ka. i have travelled the area extensively by car and bicycle. Great fun.
      Best,CB

      > Curt,
      >
      > 1186 Ladomirová SK/PV šariš.
      > 1773 Ladomir, Ladomirowa, 1786 Lademér, 1808 Ladomér, Ladomírowá, 1863â€"1902 Ladomér, 1907â€"1913 Ladomérvágása, 1920 Ladomirová, Ladomirovce, 1927â€" Ladomirová

      > 1185 Ladomirov SV/PV zemplín.
      > 1773, 1786 Ladomér, Ladomirowa, 1808 Ladomér, Lodomér, Lodomírowá, 1863â€"1913, 1939â€"1945 Ladomér, 1920 Ladomirová, 1920â€"1939, 1945â€" Ladomirov
      >
      > You can see that both of the villages have been known by Ladomirova at one time or another. Both being that in 1920. Then it seems to have no confusion the Zemplin one in settled on Ladomirov. And the Saris on on Ladomirova.
      >
      > Is the question now which one is closer Brusnica? Or from which one it was easier to get to Brusnica?

    • John
      Message 32 of 32 , Dec 4, 2010
        >>> According to the 1995 Census Data there was a Ladomirova in Saris and a Ladomirov in Zemplin. <<<

        Michael, given that our context is genealogy, would you likely pick Ladmirova at 12 km along a connecting road OR the one diagonally across the county -- and a world away on foot?

        Me too!