Re: [S-R] County for Ladomirova

  • CurtB
    Message 1 of 32 , Dec 3, 2010
      There is just some confusion here relating to historical names of the village and the 1995 census database is curiously incomplete, though it shows only one current village named Ladomirova, the one next to Svidnik. It seems to me he is clearly referring to the Lodomirova next to Svidnik. That is why it is included in the parish records of Svidnik. It is clearly marked in the current Podrobny Auto Atlas. The village also has its own web site.

      http://www.ladomirova.sk/

      You can see it in google maps:

      http://www.maplandia.com/slovakia/presov/svidnik/ladomirova/

      or see a few photos:

      http://www.museum.sk/dostol/defaulte.php?obj=gkat&ix=e_ladomirova

      CB

      > John
      > According to the 1995 Census Data there was a Ladomirova in Saris and a Ladomirov in Zemplin. On the 1910 Zemplen map there is a pink area to the far right with “9” in it. At the bottom of the pink area on the right is a pointed area. There you will find Ladomer : 1185 Ladomirov SV/PV zemplín.
      > 1773, 1786 Ladomér, Ladomirowa, 1808 Ladomér, Lodomér, Lodomírowá, 1863â€"1913, 1939â€"1945 Ladomér, 1920 Ladomirová, 1920â€"1939, 1945â€" Ladomir
      >
      > Ladomirova in Saris: 1186 Ladomirová SK/PV šariš.
      > 1773 Ladomir, Ladomirowa, 1786 Lademér, 1808 Ladomér, Ladomírowá, 1863â€"1902 Ladomér, 1907â€"1913 Ladomérvágása, 1920 Ladomirová, Ladomirovce, 1927â€" Ladomirová

    • John
      Message 32 of 32 , Dec 4, 2010
        >>> According to the 1995 Census Data there was a Ladomirova in Saris and a Ladomirov in Zemplin. <<<

        Michael, given that our context is genealogy, would you likely pick Ladmirova at 12 km along a connecting road OR the one diagonally across the county -- and a world away on foot?

        Me too!