Re: [S-R] Re: Map Book -ZOZULAK

    Message 1 of 32 , Dec 3, 2010
      LADOMIROV, Humenne District
      LADIMIROVA, Svidnik District

      Source: Slovak State Archives

      1185 Ladomirov SV/PV zemplin.
      1773, 1786 Ladomer, Ladomirowa, 1808 Ladomer, Lodomer, Lodomirowa,
      1863–1913, 1939–1945 Ladomer, 1920 Ladomirova, 1920–1939, 1945– Ladomirov

      1186 Ladomirova SK/PV saris.
      1773 Ladomir, Ladomirowa, 1786 Lademer, 1808 Ladomer, Ladomirowa,
      1863–1902 Ladomer, 1907–1913 Ladomervagasa, 1920 Ladomirova, Ladomirovce,
      1927– Ladomirova

      205 Brusnica SP/PV zemplin.
      1773 Brusnyicza, Brusnycze, 1786 Brusnicza, 1808 Brusznicza, Brusnica,
      1863, 1892–1902 Brusnyica, 1873–1882 Brusnica, 1888 Bruzsnyica, 1907–1913
      Borosnya, 1920 Brusnica, 1927– Brusnica

      source: http://slovniky.juls.savba.sk/?w=ladomirov&c=90a8

      LADOMIROV is near village UBLA.

      Seems to me a BRUSNICA villager *might* socialize with someone from
      LADOMIROVA even though it is separated by 20 KM. They are both on a major
      trade route.

      Back in the day, there was not even a connecting road or rail between
      Brusnica and Ladomirov.

      In terms of date incongruity. Are you sure your John Zozulak is in fact
      the correct one? People in those times had the same name.
      Look for patterns in the church book where the marriage entry occurred.
      Same scribe? Were a whole bunch put in at once? Are you certain your
      MAY is not MAR? Point us to the page and we'll have a look.

      What port did they depart from? If they were married prior to departure
      did one or both travel?

      It's harder to have wrong dates on a ship manifest than on a church
      ledger. Are you sure you have the correct John Zozulak on the manifest?
      Have you corroborated against destination and left-behind/destination
      relatives names?

      Where someone is traveling from is not necessarily where they were born.
      Have you examined the records in Ladomirova for any trace of the surname?

      I am very suspicious that you may be dealing with two different men.

      Good Luck,

      Bill Tarkulich

      On Fri, December 3, 2010 3:06 pm, CurtB wrote:
      > Ladomirova is within walking distance of Svidnik. It is the next village
      > northeast on the highway 371. It has one of the most im important Unesco
      > site wooden churches in Slovakia. Both Brusnica and Ladomirova WERE in
      > Zemplin county. Saris and Zemplin counties no longer exist. This is now
      > part of today's Presov district.
      >
      > Curt B.
      >
      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Mojher" <mgmojher@...>
      > wrote:
      >>
      >> Brusnyicza / Brusnica is in Zemplin District. The Ladomirova you mention
      >> is in the Saris District. There is a Ladomirov in Zemplin District.
      >> Ladomirov is only six miles from the Ukraine border on Highway 74

      Bill
    • John
      Message 32 of 32 , Dec 4, 2010
        >>> According to the 1995 Census Data there was a Ladomirova in Saris and a Ladomirov in Zemplin. <<<

        Michael, given that our context is genealogy, would you likely pick Ladmirova at 12 km along a connecting road OR the one diagonally across the county -- and a world away on foot?

        Me too!