Re: [S-R] Markusovce Cemetery

  • Charlest
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 2, 2010
      That's certainly a could-be. Can you establish or guess at a common ancestor?

      cvt

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <greg@...> wrote:

      > Some members of the Stupak family ended up in Porac, just to
      > the south.
      >
      > Go to
      >
      > www.iarelative.com/porac.htm and follow some links.
      >
      > Most likely we are distant cousins..
      >
      > Greg
      >

      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Charlest" <ctintera@> wrote:
      > >
      > > >My family names were Szonoga, Czvengros, Hizsnay, Kocsis; with possible connections to the Gurkos and Pasztoreks in Spisska Nova Ves, just to the north of there.
      > > >Tom
      > >
      > > I am related to the "Czvengros" family thru my maternal GGM Stupak.
      > >
      > > Joseph Stupak, Anna Stupak, and Andrew Stupak were the children of Maria Hresko.
      > >
      > > Maria Hresko married Joseph Cvengros (died in 1883) and then Mathew Stupak.
      > >
      > > She had Jan, Zuzana, Josef, Stephen, and Stefan w/Joseph Cvengros (1st husband) and Joseph, Andrew, and Anna w/Mathew Stupak.
      > >
      > > Andrew Stupak "sponsored" my GF, Josef Gurnik, to come to US in 1920s.
      > >
      > > cvt

    • Greg
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 6, 2010
        Look into the Stupak connection.

        Greg

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Charlest" <ctintera@...> wrote:

        > That's certainly a could-be. Can you establish or guess at a common ancestor?
        >
        > cvt
        >
        > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <greg@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Some members of the Stupak family ended up in Porac, just to
        > > the south.
        > >
        > > Go to
        > >
        > > www.iarelative.com/porac.htm and follow some links.
        > >
        > > Most likely we are distant cousins..
        > >
        > > Greg

        > > > I am related to the "Czvengros" family thru my maternal GGM Stupak.
        > > >
        > > > Joseph Stupak, Anna Stupak, and Andrew Stupak were the children of Maria Hresko.
        > > >
        > > > Maria Hresko married Joseph Cvengros (died in 1883) and then Mathew Stupak.
        > > >
        > > > She had Jan, Zuzana, Josef, Stephen, and Stefan w/Joseph Cvengros (1st husband) and Joseph, Andrew, and Anna w/Mathew Stupak.
        > > >
        > > > Andrew Stupak "sponsored" my GF, Josef Gurnik, to come to US in 1920s.
        > > >
        > > > cvt

      • Michael Mojher
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 6, 2010
          Greg,
          The 1995 Census shows there are four spellings of Stupak.
          In my tree I have the Stupak family in Plavnica. There are 66 of them there. They spell the name with a “v” above the “S” and a “ ‘ “ above the “a”. In orkes Stara Lubovna there are 101 listings for Stupak.