Re: ZOZULAK, GERLACK, BYSTRANKA

  • John
    Message 1 of 32 , Dec 1, 2010
      The following are some random research notes on the surnames and villages. They may provide food for thought and further research.

      ZOZULAK
      Ellis Island: Zozulyak, Peter Szorocsin 35 1868 1903
      Svidnik has phone listings for Zozulak
      Cisarik shows Zozulak surname in the Saros Megye

      GERLACK
      Ellis Island: Gorilak, Andras Szorcsiuowa 28 1877 1905
      Gerlak appears (only) in Presov phone listings.

      BYSTRANKA variants on Ellis Island:
      Bystrzycka, Jozefa Bystryca, Galicy 8 1901 1909
      Bystrzycka, Kumeg... Bystrzyca 24 1880 1904
      Bystrzycka, Kune Gunda Bystryca, Galicy 29 1880 1909
      Bystrzycka, Michal Bystryca, Galicy 6 1903 1909
      Bystrzycka, Tadensz Bystryca, Galicy 9 1900 1909
      Bystrzycki, Piotr Bystrzyca, Galicia 36 1878 1914

      Dubelcka
      A map coincidence perhaps . . . but worth considering.
      Gerlachov, west of Bardejov has a village 10 km due north named Cigelka.
    • John
      Message 32 of 32 , Dec 4, 2010
        >>> According to the 1995 Census Data there was a Ladomirova in Saris and a Ladomirov in Zemplin. <<<

        Michael, given that our context is genealogy, would you likely pick Ladmirova at 12 km along a connecting road OR the one diagonally across the county -- and a world away on foot?

        Me too!