Re: [S-R] Markusovce Cemetery

  • Greg
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 1, 2010
      Vlad:

      Many years ago you made a video of the cemetery in Koterbach
      for us.

      Anyone with roots in Markusovce could be interested in the
      video.

      Greg

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Vladimir Linder <vlinder49@...> wrote:

      > I was in MArkusovce this summer doing photography
      > job, but it didn't include cemetery. Have tones of pictures for sale.
      >
      > VladiAt 07:50 AM 11/25/2010, you wrote:
      > >

      > >In all the research I have done concerning
      > >Markusovce (my Mother's family came from there)
      > >I have not seen any mention of a Cemetery. Why is this?
      > >
      > >Google Earth shows a pattern on the ground north
      > >of Saint Michal's Church that might be a cemetery. Does anyone know if it is?
      > >
      > >Also I know the LDS has a set of microfilms
      > >#1739642, 43,44,& 45 that are "Deaths - Zomreli"
      > >from the church records. Yet I never see anyone
      > >cite them. Has anyone looked at them? Are they of any value?
      > >
      > >TIA
      > >cvt
      > >

      > Vladimir Linder
      > Slovak Heritage Live quarterly Newsletter
      > 3804 Yale Street, Burnaby, BC, V5C 1P6, CANADA
      > Phone/Fax:: (604) 291-8065, Cell: (604) 889-4616
      > Email: vlinder49@...
      >
      > For sample issue please send US$8.00 to the above address.
      > Subscription US$25.00 per year.
      > Slovak-English and English Slovak Translations US$50.00 per page
      >
      > Next Slovakia Genealogical research trip starts Spring 2011
      >
      > To reach me in Slovakia please email me at: vlinder49@...
      >
      > My cell in Slovakia is: 011-421-918-075-291 or
      > 011-421-914-109-444 or 011-421-948-700-261
      >
      > Email: vlinder49@...
      >
      > You may check out our home pages at:
      >
      > www.slovakheritage.org
      > www.slovakheritagelive.com
      > www.lindervideo.com
      > www.liptovskateplicka.com
      > www.slovakgenealogy.com
      > www.slovakiagenealogy.com
      > www.pensiondolinka.com
      >
      > www.youtube.com/vladi49
      >
      > Advertising rates:
      >
      > Full page 9 3/4 x 7 1/4 US$800.00
      > 1/2 page 4 3/4 x 7 1/4 US$450.00
      > 1/4 page 3 3/4 x 4 3/4 US$225.00
      > 1/8 page 2 3/8 x 4 US$ 125.00
      > 1/12 page 2 3/8 x 2.5 US$ 95.00

    • Greg
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 1, 2010
        Some members of the Stupak family ended up in Porac, just to
        the south.

        Go to

        www.iarelative.com/porac.htm and follow some links.

        Most likely we are distant cousins..

        Greg

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Charlest" <ctintera@...> wrote:

        > >My family names were Szonoga, Czvengros, Hizsnay, Kocsis; with possible connections to the Gurkos and Pasztoreks in Spisska Nova Ves, just to the north of there.
        > >Tom
        >
        > I am related to the "Czvengros" family thru my maternal GGM Stupak.
        >
        > Joseph Stupak, Anna Stupak, and Andrew Stupak were the children of Maria Hresko.
        >
        > Maria Hresko married Joseph Cvengros (died in 1883) and then Mathew Stupak.
        >
        > She had Jan, Zuzana, Josef, Stephen, and Stefan w/Joseph Cvengros (1st husband) and Joseph, Andrew, and Anna w/Mathew Stupak.
        >
        > Andrew Stupak "sponsored" my GF, Josef Gurnik, to come to US in 1920s.
        >
        > cvt

      • Charlest
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 2, 2010
          That's certainly a could-be. Can you establish or guess at a common ancestor?

          cvt

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <greg@...> wrote:

          > Some members of the Stupak family ended up in Porac, just to
          > the south.
          >
          > Go to
          >
          > www.iarelative.com/porac.htm and follow some links.
          >
          > Most likely we are distant cousins..
          >
          > Greg
          >

          > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Charlest" <ctintera@> wrote:
          > >
          > > >My family names were Szonoga, Czvengros, Hizsnay, Kocsis; with possible connections to the Gurkos and Pasztoreks in Spisska Nova Ves, just to the north of there.
          > > >Tom
          > >
          > > I am related to the "Czvengros" family thru my maternal GGM Stupak.
          > >
          > > Joseph Stupak, Anna Stupak, and Andrew Stupak were the children of Maria Hresko.
          > >
          > > Maria Hresko married Joseph Cvengros (died in 1883) and then Mathew Stupak.
          > >
          > > She had Jan, Zuzana, Josef, Stephen, and Stefan w/Joseph Cvengros (1st husband) and Joseph, Andrew, and Anna w/Mathew Stupak.
          > >
          > > Andrew Stupak "sponsored" my GF, Josef Gurnik, to come to US in 1920s.
          > >
          > > cvt

        • Greg
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 6, 2010
            Look into the Stupak connection.

            Greg

            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Charlest" <ctintera@...> wrote:

            > That's certainly a could-be. Can you establish or guess at a common ancestor?
            >
            > cvt
            >
            > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <greg@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Some members of the Stupak family ended up in Porac, just to
            > > the south.
            > >
            > > Go to
            > >
            > > www.iarelative.com/porac.htm and follow some links.
            > >
            > > Most likely we are distant cousins..
            > >
            > > Greg

            > > > I am related to the "Czvengros" family thru my maternal GGM Stupak.
            > > >
            > > > Joseph Stupak, Anna Stupak, and Andrew Stupak were the children of Maria Hresko.
            > > >
            > > > Maria Hresko married Joseph Cvengros (died in 1883) and then Mathew Stupak.
            > > >
            > > > She had Jan, Zuzana, Josef, Stephen, and Stefan w/Joseph Cvengros (1st husband) and Joseph, Andrew, and Anna w/Mathew Stupak.
            > > >
            > > > Andrew Stupak "sponsored" my GF, Josef Gurnik, to come to US in 1920s.
            > > >
            > > > cvt

          • Michael Mojher
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 6, 2010
              Greg,
              The 1995 Census shows there are four spellings of Stupak.
              In my tree I have the Stupak family in Plavnica. There are 66 of them there. They spell the name with a “v” above the “S” and a “ ‘ “ above the “a”. In orkes Stara Lubovna there are 101 listings for Stupak.