Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Re: Spisske, Austria/Archive film

  • Bernardine Weigand
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 7, 2000
      Re: archive filming of parish records

      Have the Presov records been filmed?
      Bernardine

      > The LDS-Mormons has filmed all the parish church records at six
      > of the seven regional Slovak State Archives in Slovakia.
      >
      > These microfilm reels are available for rental and viewing at any

    • Frank Kurchina
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 8, 2000
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@egroups.com, Bernardine Weigand <bweigand@i...>
        wrote:
        > Re: archive filming of parish records
        >
        > Have the Presov records been filmed?
        > Bernardine

        One of the Slovak State Archives is located at Pres^ov (Sv)
        formerly Epérjes (H) Preschau (G)

        Listings for Pres^ov and its affiliated towns are too extensive to
        post here.
        Actually there is a LDS-Mormon Library book with the inventories
        of the church record listings.

        Examples of parish church records, R.C. 1646-1895; G.C. 1792-1895;
        Lutheran 1704-1895; and Jewish 1817-1942, etc.
        Let me know your specific locations of interest and the surname
        religion by e-mail.
      • Bernardine Weigand
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 8, 2000
          Frank, Thank you for the response. What is your e-mail address?
          Bernardine