Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] LDS records for Kattun, Dubrava, Pavl'any

  • G_Stano
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2000
      Thank you very much. This might be the break I need to find my Slovak
      heritage. Greatly appreciated
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2000
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@egroups.com, "G_Stano" <G_Stano@e...> wrote:
        > I am trying to locate records for my grgr grandparents through the
        LDS, but have been unlucky in finding the towns of Kattun, Dubrava ,
        Pavl'any in their catolouges. I assume that the records have been
        sent to a larger town, but the closest is Spisske Podhradje, again
        with no listings in the LDS catelouge. Any and all suggestions would
        be appreciated. Thank you in advance,

        > Warm regards,
        > Gary Stano
        > Michigan, USA

        There are 9 place names Dubrava located in Slovakia.

        Katún^ (Sv) Kattony (H) is located 175 miles ENE of Bratislava.
        Katún^ is too small and isolated for its own church.

        What was surname religion ?

        The LDS-Mormons filmed the R.C. mattriky for Katún^ and Pavl'any
        (1653-1747)
        These are listed under Spis^ská Kapitula.

        The online LDS FH Library catalog is up to date only as of August
        1999.

        So call the international desk 800 number at LDS HQ in Salt Lake City
        and ask Sylvie Pysnaková where the R.C. parish records for Katún et al
        are to be found ?
        1-800-453-3860, extension 2881.