LDS records for Kattun, Dubrava, Pavl'any

  • G_Stano
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2000
      I am trying to locate records for my grgr grandparents through the LDS, but have been unlucky in finding the towns of Kattun, Dubrava , Pavl'any in their catolouges. I assume that the records have been sent to a larger town, but the closest is Spisske Podhradje, again with no listings in the LDS catelouge. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance,

      Warm regards,
      Gary Stano
      Michigan, USA

    • John
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2000
        At 11:40 AM 12/3/00 -0500, you wrote:
        >Pavl'any
        You might try: Search for Pavl'any at this site

        or
        http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/fhlc/supermainframeset.asp?display=titledetails&titleno=652881&disp=Cirkevn%c3%a1_matrika&columns=*,180,0

        Topic: Slovakia, Pavl'any - Church records
        Titles: Cirkevná matrika, 1760-1898 Cirkev rímsko-katolícka. Farský úrad
        Vysné Repáse (Levoca)

        John
      • G_Stano
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 3, 2000
          Thank you very much. This might be the break I need to find my Slovak
          heritage. Greatly appreciated
          You might try: Search for Pavl'any at this site

          or
          http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/fhlc/supermainframeset.asp?display=t
          itledetails&titleno=652881&disp=Cirkevná_matrika&columns=*,180,0

          Topic: Slovakia, Pavl'any - Church records
          Titles: Cirkevná matrika, 1760-1898 Cirkev rímsko-katolícka. Farský úrad
          Vysné Repáse (Levoca)

          John
        • Frank Kurchina
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 4, 2000
            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@egroups.com, "G_Stano" <G_Stano@e...> wrote:
            > I am trying to locate records for my grgr grandparents through the
            LDS, but have been unlucky in finding the towns of Kattun, Dubrava ,
            Pavl'any in their catolouges. I assume that the records have been
            sent to a larger town, but the closest is Spisske Podhradje, again
            with no listings in the LDS catelouge. Any and all suggestions would
            be appreciated. Thank you in advance,

            > Warm regards,
            > Gary Stano
            > Michigan, USA

            There are 9 place names Dubrava located in Slovakia.

            Katún^ (Sv) Kattony (H) is located 175 miles ENE of Bratislava.
            Katún^ is too small and isolated for its own church.

            What was surname religion ?

            The LDS-Mormons filmed the R.C. mattriky for Katún^ and Pavl'any
            (1653-1747)
            These are listed under Spis^ská Kapitula.

            The online LDS FH Library catalog is up to date only as of August
            1999.

            So call the international desk 800 number at LDS HQ in Salt Lake City
            and ask Sylvie Pysnaková where the R.C. parish records for Katún et al
            are to be found ?
            1-800-453-3860, extension 2881.