Re: [S-R] Looking for Ancestral Village need help

  • Michael Mojher
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2010
      Eulis,
      I looked in the 1995 Slovak Census for your surnames. It also gives the top ten places those names can be found. Adamov had 201 listings in 60 places. Illasevich no listing, the "vich" ending is Russian, I believe. Clasevics had no listings.
      In genealogy "place" is the most important information since with that you know which records to search. Zemplin is not a village, it is a Hungarian County. Of the places where the Adamov name was found only the city Humenne with 7 Adamov is in Zemplin Disrict.
      These are the records available for Humene.
      Cirkevná matrika, 1768-1946 Grécko-katolícka cirkev. Farský úrad Humenné (Humenné)
      Cirkevná matrika, 1802-1911 Rímsko-katolícka cirkev. Farský úrad Humenné (Humenné)
      Cirkevná matrika, 1871-1907 Reformovaná krestanská cirkev. Farský úrad Humenné (Humenné)