Re: Hradisko

  • jtgen96
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 29, 2010
      This is just the information that I needed. It is greatly appreciated. I found the person you suggested we contact about cyrillic writing on the list and send him an email. We haven't had a response. I know that it has only been a short time, but I am wondering -- do you think he checks that email address when he is not visiting this site?

      Thanks again.

      Gwen

      > Gwen,
      > There are a couple of Hradisko's, famous one in Moravia, another near Kezmarok, but if you want the one with the Greek Catholic Church, it is a few miles north of Presov.
      >
      > A small village but known for its Greek Catholic church, it may now be governed through its neighbor village Terna. See the map on the web site
      >
      > http://www.terna.sk/
      >
      > Curt B.
      >
      > Curt B.
      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "jtgen96" <jtgen96@> wrote:
      > >
      > > We found a record that lists a member of our family serving as a priest in Hradisko between 1934 and 1943. We tried to find this village on map quest, but were asked to choose one of the following. Which would we choose.
      > >
      > > Hradisko, Presovsky Kraj -- Kezmarok - Slovakia
      > >
      > > Hradisko, Presovsky Kraj -- Presov - Slovakia
      > >
      > > Hradisk, Presovsky Kraj -- Svidnik - Slovakia

    • CurtB
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 29, 2010
        Gwen,
        Patience, he is a very busy person with lots of demands.
        CB